NEWS about the new Green Church Showcase, launched last week (News, 4 June), is getting around. The scheme — inviting churches and Christian organisations to tell us about planet-saving projects that they have undertaken, for an inspiring video and booklet in the autumn — is being promoted by the environmental networks of the Church of England and the Roman Catholic Church in England and Wales.
A reminder of the sorts of projects that we would like to hear about:
- building projects moving towards net-zero carbon, such as energy efficiencies, pew heaters, heat pumps, and solar panels;
- building projects that balance conservation and the environment, such as maintenance programmes, sympathetic retrofits, and using low-carbon materials;
- courageous advocacy and community engagement;
- nurturing the natural world, and using church land to develop health and wellbeing;
- involving young people at every level;
- diocesan initiatives that break new ground; and
- simple but effective gains on a shoestring.
The closing date for entries is 21 July.
For more details, click here