Have a go at our next caption competition (right) and win a prize of Fairtrade chocolate!
Email your entries to: email@example.com
or send by post (postcards only) to:
108-114 Golden Lane
London EC1Y 0TG
Entries must be received by Friday 24 May.
Here is this week’s winner:
So, if I press this button on your phone — just like this — you give £250,000 to the church roof fund. Thank you very much — David Griffiths
WHAT might the Duchess of Cornwall be looking at on the photographer’s smartphone? Given the technology built in to such devices these days, it could be any number of things.
A text message, or a new app, or a photo? Our readers were split on this important matter:
- It’s a text from the Prince, Ma’am. He says he won’t be home till late; so please keep his supper in the Aga (Richard Hough)
- I think it’s the new CofE dating app, Kindred & Affinity (Richard Barnes)
- The new Where’s Charlie? app was proving endlessly diverting (Steve Tilley)
- Oh, and this picture is another of my grandchildren who sings in the same choir (Lynda Sebbage)
- And here’s a picture of my latest grandson, and he’s an Archie, too! (Lesley Cope)
- And this is one of our pet Rottweiler, Odif (Richard Strudwick)
Remember to gamble responsibly, Your Royal Highness:
- Camilla casually slipped away from her official duties to check out the result of the 4.15 at Newmarket (Alison Parry)
- “Any tips for the 2.30 at Kempton?” (Andrew Greenhough).
Line of Duty viewers know only too well that smartphones make excellent tracking devices:
- Unfortunately for him, Charles was blissfully unaware that Camilla was actually watching his every move (Mark Parry).
Some other entries that we enjoyed:
- Before I look, promise me you haven’t been in a helicopter down at the Sussex’s (N. J. Inkley)
- Selfie, or an early glimpse of the General Synod agenda? “Selfie, definitely” (Clive Deverell)
- “Good heavens, is that really me?” (Michael Watts)
- If you look in this mirror, you’ll see a strange man with an earpiece standing behind you (Norman Ivison)
- “So that’s what Cornwall looks like” (Don Manley)
- “Oh dear, what is one’s husband saying online now?” (Chris Coupe)
- Get ready for the pantomime season; so look behind you (Ben Woods)
- “Nah, it is only a widow’s mite, luv” (Richard Crockett)
- “So where did you get Compo’s matchbox?” (Malcolm Smith)
- “If we take a sharp left up here, we can maybe avoid the crowds” (Sue Chick)
- “Was it really a milk shake? Poor Mr Farage.” (Patrick Irwin)
- “And this is how you do the Floss Dance” (Roy Allaway)
- “I think I should entitle our selfie Rhapsody in Blue” (Michael Foster)
- Camilla just checked, a hat or no hat, before she entered the service (Vicky Lundberg)
- Looks remarkably like a game of phones to me (Christopher Huxtable)
- She had more reason than most to have a peek at the finale of Game of Thrones (John Saxbee).
As ever, the winner receives Fairtrade chocolate, courtesy of Divine Chocolate: www.divinechocolate.com.