Back in time
Posted: 02 Nov 2006 @ 00:00
More than 1000 pilgrims joined the 75th-anniversary celebrations of thtranslation of the image of Our Lady of Walsingham to the Holy House in thAnglican Shrine. Participants wore an array of costumes dating from pascenturies, and meat-paste sandwiches were served, as they were in 1931.
Our Lady's image was carried in a half-hour procession to Walsingham ParisChurch, which was full for both an ecumenical service followed by a vigil oFriday night, and again on Saturday afternoon for a mass of thanksgiving.